viernes, 22 de octubre de 2010

Charles Bukowski



Hello classmate!
Today I’m going to talk you about a famous person would like to meet. Well… I love the literature and I read novels or short story all the time, I like read the perspective of others people and I consider fantastic the people with the capacity of create stories. One of my favorite writers is Charles Bukowski, his real name was Heinrich Karl Bukowski he was American writer but he is born in Germany, 1920. His literature was associated mistakenly with the Beat Generation, but he was a writers of dirty realism or independent writers. His poems and novels were inspirited in his life in the city, Los Angeles, place when I stay long time. His life was really hard, his father beat him all the time, his face had many marks and this affected his self-esteem, but he always had a girlfriend, because he find the form of conquest them. For many times he work in mediocre jobs. He was alcoholic person and he always need drink wine or some beer.
I would like meet him, because I love his novels and I consider him an interesting person to talk, about his life and the kind of write his novels. Many poems or novels are very descriptive about his type of life and many types of life of other people. Charles Bukowski was a revolutionary person in the world of literature, he writer about the alcohol and women, about the daily thing that maybe we don’t stop for this, but he does it. I would like to talk with he about what think he about his success? Because, today he is more accepted and recognized for his work in literature. I ask him about what would write today, what type of things call his attention now…
I think to meet Charles Bukowski would be interesting, because he was a dissident man, singular and imperfect, very imperfect, but really clever.
I leave you my favorite poem of Charles Bukowski:


7 comentarios:

  1. He is a very interesting character, I would like to have a conversation with him too. Maybe drink beer during it, jaaa. But mainly, ask him about his inspiration process.
    Regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. oh!!
    Catalina, you don't said me that you stay long time in Los Angeles!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. xD
    It's a "lapsus", I'm didn't go to Los Angeles...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yesterday, talking with Ignacio, we talk about Bukowski. I say that i have prejudices with the Bukowski's writings, but also I decided that I will read it.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. This guy is THE law! xDDD
    i watched a short movie about him in estética with vidaurre and i said to myself "this man rulz"

    Take care! =)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh BTW, you have bad write my link its turbix-danyta with "Y" not "I" =)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Bukowski is a mad men, in a strange sense. Remember me to Harvey Pekar, the American Splendor cartoonist.

    ResponderEliminar