viernes, 12 de noviembre de 2010


Today I’m going to talk about the greatest Chilean of all time, I’m not sure about who is the greatest Chilean, because it depend the range but in my personal opinion I think about a Chilean poet, because I like the poetry, Nicanor Parra… Chile is a country of poets, said many people, I think it’s true. Nicanor Parra was born September, 5 in 1915. He is considered the creator of Antipoesía. He has been teacher of physics and mathematics. I considered him amazing, because he write poetry but he know about another discipline. I think Nicanor Parra has been important and is important yet, because he has created important space for the Chilean literature, for the expression of the people and he has created a new literary language, more free and daily.  I like him, because he makes a different literature and he has influenced in a Hispanic literature, but also in American literature as Beat Generation from EE.UU (principally to Allen Ginsberg).
Nicanor Parra is very attractive I think, he take daily things and he put it in his poems mixture with irony, sarcasm and humor. These three things are the most important things (in my opinion) of work of Nicanor Parra; he is an incredible creative person. Also, one of things more attractive for him are his artefact, these are a different object of daily use and Parra take it and put in some idea or phrase, always is very creative and funny. In the documental called “Retrato de un antipoeta” by Víctor Jimenez, Parra said that his poems or writings don’t make it speedily, is a slowly work, and write one and then rewrite it...
I would like to ask about his projections, what he feels about his career and about the life in general, I think that his point of view could be interesting.
I let here my favourite poem, El hombre imaginario...
El hombre imaginario
vive en una mansión imaginaria
rodeada de árboles imaginarios
a la orilla de un río imaginario
De los muros que son imaginarios
penden antiguos cuadros imaginarios
irreparables grietas imaginarias
que representan hechos imaginarios
ocurridos en mundos imaginarios
en lugares y tiempos imaginarios
Todas las tardes tardes imaginarias
sube las escaleras imaginarias
y se asoma al balcón imaginario
a mirar el paisaje imaginario
que consiste en un valle imaginario
circundado de cerros imaginarios
Sombras imaginarias
vienen por el camino imaginario
entonando canciones imaginarias
a la muerte del sol imaginario
Y en las noches de luna imaginaria
sueña con la mujer imaginaria
que le brindó su amor imaginario
vuelve a sentir ese mismo dolor
ese mismo placer imaginario
y vuelve a palpitar
el corazón del hombre imaginario

4 comentarios:

  1. I like Nicanor, i think that he's very clever and his work is just irreverent, he plays with all the common poets and poetry... and his artefactos are excellent.

    By the way, the "cleverness" came from the last name jajkaja

    ResponderEliminar
  2. He's very great!: clever, ironic, stimulate. I know a fragment very nice. That to say the following: "... first to must of men: Know their rights..."

    ResponderEliminar