sábado, 4 de septiembre de 2010

+__o






Hello Classmate!
Today I’m going to talk about our country, Chile. This topic is a bit repetitive, but a propose rethinking about our traditions and customs. I ask myself all the time: how much I know about my country? In general, from we were child, teachers tell us about the Spain conquistador. People tell us about our history since the conquest, but all forget that: Chile was born after the conquest. The indigenous people were the early Chilean people and the original conquests. I think that Chile born with this people and many people don’t recognize it.
Today it’s coming the Bicentenary month and we are exciting for our two hundreds, but only we are thinking about the progress and our development as country. We want to be a country of first world, but we forget the poverty, our worker and our indigenous people… we forget many things important for increase our country and our culture.  
I think that the injustice and difference of social classes are topic important for the development of our country.  Worked class work hard, earn a misery weld, then other people with more opportunities earn more money, they have a good health, the have more power and influence over other people. When the government can to improve the live quality of all the Chileans, this it will a first and fundamental step for a country that want to be of first world.
Maybe Chile never arrives to be something like this… because this change is a responsibility of all.  All the Chileans should be fight and change our mentality about a lot of things.

Well, I wait for your opinions…. =)

1 comentario:

  1. good post Cata. I think you have a point here. I think of this celebrations and all that comes to my mind in Mapuche people being prosecuted and treated like delinquents. I think 200 years of suffering for them and 20 of "democracy" and nothing has changed. The cost of our progress is too high.

    ResponderEliminar